Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dream team?

I was recently pondering for fun what the most interesting exciting supertournament participant list might be of active players.

I came to the conclusion (not because these are my favorite players) that it would be 1. Magnus Carlsen 2. Vassily Ivanchuk 3. Alexander Morozevich 4. Alexei Shirov 5. Hikaru Nakamura 6. Nigel Short because of the innovative and sharp way they all play the opening. It would seem to me these players versatile repertoire makes them almost impossible to prepare for (all super GMs admit as much about Ivanchuk). I thought it was a fun albeit pointless topic to think about though.

However, in MTEL 09 we see 3 of these 6 together! Although Ivanchuk is clearly out of form in this tournament for whatever reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment